Thursday, August 8, 2019

Mikhail Shchupak-Katsman - Visual Works


Author's note:
"I really like to poke people’s brains. From business, to family and friends, and even love [especially love], the core foundation of all things boil down psychology, and the workings of the brain. I think the human mind is a bizarre and peculiar place.

As fragile as it may be, it can become an unbelievably powerful force. It creates and imposes meaning from conjured ideas, and interestingly, skews our view of the world, as well as ourselves in a remarkably distorted, yet sentimental way.

This is what inspires the subject matter of my stu# most of the time. I’ve always been fascinated by how the world seems to be viewed so drastically di#erently by everyone compared to myself, and I can’t help but wonder and imagine: what could they see? How different is their reality from mine?"


***
How to Play God

***
Vicious Circle

***
Colossus

***
The Lioness

***
The Lonely

***
Red River

***
Paranoid

***
Them

***
Hannibal Barca

***
Veni

***
Vidi

***
Vici

***
Breeze


***
Grandfather 

***
Deception of Memory