Monday, December 9, 2019

Hiram Larew - Four Poems



Hiram Larew's poems are waifs that have found shelter in North of Oxford, River and South Review, Contemporary American Voices, Voices Israel and elsewhere. His fourth collection, Undone, was published by FootHills Publishing in 2018. On Facebook at Hiram Larea, Poet and at POETRYXHUNGER.COM.

***

1. Where You Are

This crumbly cake of hope
This inside outside tray of joy
This down deep sparkled flute
This tapered song of curves
This almost opened fizz-in-waiting
This frond of up-kick
         and vroom of wonder
This ever even elfin jiggle
This zinnia fine and brightly
This ribbon glory
This harking gurgle
This wiggle popping lope.



*** 
2. Brunt

Was worse me
         By dint my bad sores
         By flicks my cussed
By brunt undid me

Would worse me
         If sours mine                                             
         If rots may all me
         If my who hell might

Will worse me
         Because my none’ll not
         Because refuse my shall                   
         Because these do’s that won’t 


 ***
3. What Swer An

Dulum pen swoop swing me in
Pression de my days
With stasy ec bursting up
Or gressive ag fists fly
My xiety an gets worst
On pong ping nights
The en brok life that half tween be
Forth and back swings dulum pen
What swer an comes?
What medy re?
Full ful pain up
Full ful aw down up
In me.




 ***
4. Curly Heart

What were he
         to this me of a don’t won’t
         to some in me of drooped want so
         to glory I curly heart?

What were he
         to why me inside try
         to cotton me shirt from
         to all me’s and up-ly
         to wishing my?

What were he
         to go me
         to for me
         to scribbly in me?