Monday, July 3, 2017

Drew Pisarra - Goo-goo Story


Drew Pisarra has been known to stage Gertrude Stein plays, turn Fassbinder movies into poems, and blog weekly about Korean cinema. He recently grew a mustache to play Nietzsche is an opera-theater piece by the Austrian-American composer Gisburg. His book of short stories, 'Publick Spanking,' was published eons ago by Future Tense.



***

Goo-goo

Three adults have been lobotomized and now sit in an oversized playpen together trying to form a single sentence intended to facilitate their collective escape.

Ba.
Baba.
Babayaba.
Babayabadaba.
Daba.
Dabadaba.
Dabayabadaba.
Dabayabadooba.
Dabayabadooba!
Dooba?

(First baby laughs.)

Doo.
Buh.
Boo.
Poo.
Who.

(First baby sighs.)

Hmmm.
Mmm.
Mmmeh.
Mmmehmeh.
Mehmah.
Ma.
Mama.
Mama.
Mama. Mama.
Mama.
Mama. Abawaba.
Mama abawada.
Abawada.
Wud.
Yabawaba unh...
Yabawabamama.
Yabawamba.
Bawamba
Mamba.
I bawamba.
Iba wanduh.
Ooof.
Ibwanda mama.
Bwanda.
Wanda.
I bwanda.
Wan.
I Wand.
High wand.
High want.

(Second baby cries.)

Har.
High wand new.
Nuh.
Uh.

(Two babies with renewed vigor)

Gebgob.
Geb gob blip blop.
Gheddy betty brip shop.
Zip stop.
Shitty teddy tiptop.
Sit so.
Gheddy ub. Gheddy ub.
Gheddy ub Mama.
Mama gheddy up.
Ghemmy.
Ghemmy gimme ghemmy.
Now.
Gimme ghemmy mama.
Ged me.
Howie.
Ghemme howie.
Gimme howder
Ghemme yowder.
Mama. Gimme yowder.
Yowder yit. .
Ouder disc.
Mummer gimme ouderdisc.
Gay.
No.
Kay.
No.
Kaif.
No.
Diskade.
Mama bwanda who do gimme outer diskade.
Discake.
Mama, Ibwanda hugh do gebbe outerdisc cave.
Mama, I bwanna hugh to gemme outerdif cay.
Mama.
Mama, I hwant chew chew do genny out ub dis cade.
Mama, I hwant you to ged me out of dis cage.
Momma, I want you to get me out of this cage.

(Third baby screams)

Now!
Naw?
Nah.
No.

O.