Friday, December 30, 2016

John M. Bennett - 5 poems

John M. Bennett has published, exhibited and performed his word art worldwide in thousands of publications and venues. He was editor and publisher of LOST AND FOUND TIMES (1975-2005), and is Curator of the Avant Writing Collection at The Ohio State University Libraries. Richard Kostelanetz has called him “the seminal American poet of my generation”. His work, publications, and papers are collected in several major institutions, including Washington University (St. Louis), SUNY Buffalo, The Ohio State University, The Museum of Modern Art, and other major libraries. His PhD (UCLA 1970) is in Latin American Literature.



***
 1.
 scène

a runny gate a
a dead frog a
a mute mask a
says floor


*** 
2.
 checkbook

colunchmeat's soulful
gain the ashex tou
sled dome rat

tled wind the
mask afire your
center watch

was frame for snack
yr teeth clankk
holds a ball of dirt

***
3.
fort e said

bestial impaction ,f''er
fought off ah shelf pla
ticante ,defrasis umsho
ldered ahn the spitting
driveway ,eat your each
,nil said ,borbotante ,in
fúlvido y twisted with
yr gristled pencil arm
was shovel ,up to
Hhilt :no he la nada
dicho dije adan dije
nown the loss of K

)strode off to gas

***
4.
dental surgery

purrs down ahn sl
anted toothache g
lib er ate ah brillo
pie sack of sewage
in a suit the ants' pree
xcision labored thru eh
fog clam wrest ,w
restled time o wind
gugulped inside out unh
Raw Used Car yr gunned
skinhead in a wig bent
vis ions dintersectioned
in sun armchair s mold
ered in uh coupon maze
ment was yr snakes will
humming cakatipalista
tunnels th rough yr
c rumbling b rain a
void the vessel “O
pen mouth and he
ave”

conveyor globs pap
er shit out fish let
ters ttwwisted in
yr ophaptic gravel



Glommed out of 3 essays by
Jim Leftwich of Dec. 7, 2016

***
5.
all holes day

hole in my face where the
clouds roll out hole in my
face where your finger shines
hole in my face where a mask
licks its lips hole in my face
where a door loses its hinge h
ole or hole of my face where a
tree burns in the sky hole in
my face where your book is
soaked in oil hole in my f
ace where a lightbulb spins in
smoke hole in my face where a
hole swallows a hat hole in my
face where a dog chews its tail
hole in my face where the k
itchen fills with crickets spell
your name in reverse on the
wall where the hole in my f
ace o pens and c loses opens
and closes was a mouth pou
ring eyes and glasses was a
bottomless cup explaining
the toilet hole in my face
where a shadow enters and
takes the form of a knife
hole in my face where a
key dissolves and the garage
is consumed in flame