Saturday, May 1, 2021

ISSUE 19

  

Brave New Word ISSUE 19
AKA Slight Return


Editor's note:

The last time i was doing Brave New Word - I was expecting to move forward with new issue coming out every quarter. 

It didn't happened because I wasn't feeling like doing another Brave New Word issue.

The pandemic, lots of dayjob, other commitments were keeping me away from the zine. It was draining. My heart wasn't there for a while and I didn't wanted to do a half-hearted issue.

But people kept sending stuff and I kept explaining that BNW was on hiatus. After a while, i looked through the submissions and understood that there is a new issue. 

Because of that, this issue is a celebration of those who believed in the meme of Brave New Word. 

A bit of comparison
  • Issue 18 cycle had 162 submissions total. I was actively promoting the submission call and there were a lot of first-timers.
  • Issue 19 "cycle" had 49 submissions total. Most of them were from folks who already were featured in BNW, but nevertheless - 49 is a lot. Especially if you consider that i went radio silence right after Issue 18 went live.
There is also another reason for hiatus - new Blogspot layout. For reasons beyond understanding, the whole post scheduling system doesn't work properly. Sure, it is just an inconvenience, but one that discourages you from doing anything on this platform.