Friday, February 1, 2019

Beatriz Seelaender - A MORAL PROBLEM


Beatriz Seelaender was born in 1998 in São Paulo, Brazil. In 2016 she published her first novel, in Brazilian Portuguese, and has since been trying her hand at English. Seelaender has had essays published by websites such as The Collapsar and The Manifest-Station, and her short stories can be found in Psychopomp Lit Mag, The Gateway Review and others. Her story "A Kidney Caught in Quicksand", published by Grub Street in 2017, earned recognition from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association in the categories of experimental fiction and humor writing. 
Seelaender is currently studying Literature and Languages at the University of São Paulo. 






***

A MORAL PROBLEM


What is going on with you?
I SAVED A WOMAN FROM CHOKING TO DEATH BUT NOW SHE’S A SERIAL KILLER!
Posted 15 min ago by suchadramaboi
Help! So, when I was eighteen, I was waiting at a restaurant called The One and Only (you know, the Polish fast food chain?) and saved a woman from choking to death on a pierogi pancake. At the time I was very proud as I was only eighteen and had correctly performed the Heimlich manoeuvre, which is probably the whole reason why I decided to become a doctor. The lady and I didn’t keep in touch but I haven’t forgotten her name, Amanda Caroline Bertram. Yesterday I was reading the papers and saw a headline saying she had killed about thirty people and sold their meat! Is it all my fault? I’m in shock and don’t know what to do!

TALK 2 HER! 12 min ago by cupatea
In my experience, talking 2 the person you’re upset with always makes it better even if you don’t see it right away. Don’t keep all that anger bottled up!
10% of users found this answer helpful

IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT! 10 min ago by yiogurt
I know it may seem like your life is over and these people dying are your responsibility since they would probably still be alive if you hadn’t saved their murderer, but at that point you couldn’t know she was gonna murder them! And since you’re a doctor, you’ve probably saved more people than she killed, right? If not, keep working towards it! J
32% of users found this answer helpful

YAH RIGHT 6 min ago by the-sceptiskull
Lol. It would be funny if it were true.
THREAD__
Suchadramaboi in response to the-skeptiskull: It IS true tho!
The-skeptiskull: yeah ok bro
Suchadramaboi: fine believe whatever you want, people are dead because of me
The-skeptiskull: oh plz people die every day because of completely random decisions it’s called the butterfly effect go read a book. for instance you posting on here instead of going out makes you go out a half an hour later and boom! A car hits you as you leave. Does that make it my fault? No!
Suchadramaboi: for your information I have read many books, unlike you who use no punctuation. But thanks for your 2 cents since I didn’t ask
The-skeptiskull: YOU LITERALLY POSTED IT FOR PEOPLE TO ANSWER OH MY GOD I CAN’T EVEN WITH THIS
Suchadramaboi: Not for you.
Mourning-Lullaby: LOL
End of thread
__________________
IF THIS IS TRUE YOU SHOULD JUST KILL YOURSELF
2 min ago by Mourning-Lullaby
If this is true you don’t deserve to live LOL I’m kidding this is really funny your life is tragic lmfao
Life-brigade: DON’T KILL YOURSELF! YOU ARE LOVED! DON’T LISTEN TO THEM!
Mourning-Lullaby: I literally said DON’T if he didn’t read through the end of the line it’s on him lol
Life-brigade: wtf is wrong with you
Mourning- Lullaby: @Life-brigade you need to stop hijacking my posts thank you very much. Are you a bot or are you that pathetic that you’re stalking me so you can reply to everything I post lmfao get a life
Life-brigade: oh look u didn’t tell me to kill myself how original. Look, @Mourning-Lullaby, are you in pain? Don’t you have anyone you can talk to? Because harassing people online is NOT the answer! If you want to talk you can DM me
Mourning-Lullaby: OMG someone finally got me! All this time I was just a misunderstood internet troll who didn’t have enough love in his life! Thank you so much! NOT! Fuck off, Janet
Life-brigade: why did u call me Janet
Mourning-Lullaby: it felt right, Janet
Life-brigade: is janet your moms name
Mourning-Lullaby: no? go away psycho
Life-brigade: okay that is enough troy
Mourning-Lullaby: wait what why did you call me that
Life-brigade: it just felt right. Also it’s your mom here.
I DON’T KNOW THE RESTAURANT
2 min ago by waidwml
Answering your question, I DON’T know about this polish chain. Never heard of it!

The-skeptiskull: HA! TOLD YOU IT’S A FAKE STORY

 WE ARE A REAL PLACE
1 min ago by the-one-and-only-1032
We are a real place! You probably haven’t heard of us because we operate only in the West Coast! If you ever have the chance, stop by! Also, we’re really sorry to hear this happened in one of our stores! But, as they say, our pierogis really are TO DIE FOR!

THE ORIGINAL POSTER HAS CLOSED THIS THREAD.
The thread is closed for new suggestions.